Tagged by brevetcaptain:
Always post the rules.
Answer the questions of the person who tagged you and write 11 new ones.
Tag 11 people and link them.
Let them know they are tagged.
My eleven questions:
1. James Bond: Overrated, Underrated, Properly Rated?
Depends on the Bond and the movie. I firmly believe Live and Let Die, while campy as all hell, was one of the most fun to watch.
2. Best live event (concert, sporting event, play, etc.) you’ve witnessed in person?
Tough call. It’s one of:
- the 1994 Grey Cup, won by the BC Lions on a last-play field goal;
- Red Wings at Blackhawks during the last season at Chicago Stadium – I missed Joe Carter’s home run because of it, and I’ve never regretted it; or
- Genesis at SkyDome during the Invisible Touch tour – we had twelfth-row floors, centre stage.
Probably the hockey game, to tell the truth. The Stadium was incredible.
3. Have you willfully or intentionally caused a traffic accident?
Not unless you count go-karting.
4. Ever been seasick?
Nope. I’m remarkably immune to motion sickness.
5. What song is guaranteed to make you stop whatever it is you are doing and get up and dance?
Get up and dance? Don’t Stop. Tell everyone to be quiet for the next 3:30 while I close my eyes and lean my chair back? Going To California.
6. Given the abject failure of Leninism and the true horrors of Stalinism and Maoism, is it now a given that socialism cannot work as an organizing principle for a society?
Let’s ask Jeff Goldblum:
Thank you, Mr. Goldblum.
7. Is there a truly classic, seemingly untouchable Hollywood film that you would like to see remade? By whom? Starring whom?
Crap – my wife and I have actually talked about this sort of thing (usually because I’ve made a smart-assed comment that led to a “you know, that might actually work”), but right now I’m drawing a blank.
8. What profession other than your own or what you’re studying to do most intrigues you?
Sports analysis and broadcasting. There’s so much that could be done there.
9. Is there a food your family/partner/spouse loves and serves/enjoys often that you cannot stand?
Thank heavens, no.
10. Worst book you ever finished reading all the way through, just for spite and hate-reading and rage?
Joe Morgan’s A Life in Baseball. Let’s just say it’s what you’d expect from a Joe Morgan biography.
11. Would you go into space if offered a seat on a Soyuz rocket?
Sure, if they’d have me.
- What’s your favourite book, and when did you first read it?
- How have your musical tastes changed since high school?
- What’s the best dish you can cook?
- What’s the one dish you can never get right?
- If you could pick one big unanswered question – What came before the Big Bang? Is there anything beyond the edge of the known universe? What is consciousness? Etc. – to know the answer to, what would it be?
- What would you like the answer to be?
- What was the first piece of music you remember buying?
- In which format?
- What do you consider to be the best TV show ever made?
- If you’re in a relationship, how many tries did it take to find the person you’re with? If not, how many tries has it taken to find the right person so far? (If that’s difficult/awkward/painful to answer, feel free to skip it.)
- Is there anything that keeps you up at night, and if so, what?
And now the real challenge: figuring out who to tag without harassing a bunch of people who have already seen things like this a dozen times today…
greykiwi, green-goold, wentdog, brevetcaptain, inthefade, vasolinejesus, otarsus, sarcasticjess, angst-inmypants, samsplace, becky-mi