Unfortunately, that’s where the fun ends. The reason for the bath? My mom sent my wife Mothers’ Day flowers that included lilies. We came home from the kids’ swimming lessons this afternoon to find the one cat was yellow with pollen. Apparently all parts of lilies, including the pollen, are toxic to cats, something we didn’t know until my wife looked it up afterwards. Hence the bath. It’s now been twelve hours with none of the symptoms of lily poisoning, but both cats are going to the vet tomorrow morning just to make sure.
(The worst part of this? Our kid suggested we get rid of the lilies as soon as she saw them. We knew lily water was poisonous, but didn’t realize just how much of a threat the actual plant posed. We should have just listened to her at the time and saved ourselves a night of worry.)